Piccolyte C 120
Piccolyte C 120 polyterpene resin is a pale, neutral, low molecular weight, highly stable, thermoplastic resin.
This resin, produced from d-limonene, a natural terpene of citrus origin, is characterized by its light color, resistance to aging, high thermal stability, and excellent balance of adhesive and cohesive properties.
It is a highly effective tackiﬁer for both elastomeric- and thermoplastic-based adhesive systems, particularly pressure-sensitive and hot-melt types.
It is also excellent as a higher softening point masticatory agent and plasticizer in chewing gum compositions.
- Tackifier resin with natural and synthetic rubbers in pressure-sensitive and hot-melt adhesives
- Masticatory agent in chewing gum compositions
- Modifier resin in rubber and plastics compounding
- Wax modifier for investment castings
- Hot melt coatings formulated with waxes and polybutenes
- Pale color and color retention
- Superior taste and odor characteristics
- Inertness to acids, alkalies and salts
- High tack and tack retention
- High adhesive and cohesive strength
- Heat and UV light resistant
- Wide solubility and compatibility
Softening point, ring and ball, °C
Color, Gardner, 50% solids in toluene, max
Density at 25°C, lb/gal (kg/l)
Flash point, Seta, °F (°C)
> 347 (> 175)
Bag, multiwall, kraft
Drum, steel, galvanized
Intermediate, bulk bag
50 lbs, 22.68 kg
450 lbs, 204.12 kgs
1,000 lbs, 453.6 kgs
21 CFR 172.615
21 CFR 175.105
21 CFR 175.125
21 CFR 175.300
21 CFR 175.320
21 CFR 175.380
21 CFR 175.390
21 CFR 176.170
21 CFR 176.180
21 CFR 177.1200
21 CFR 177.1400
21 CFR 177.1210
21 CFR 177.2600
Pastillated or flaked resins may fuse, block, or lump during hot weather months, if stored near sources of heat, if double or triple stacked, or if stored for prolonged periods of time.
These forms of resins are prone to gradual oxidation, some more so than others. This could result in darkening and/or could have an adverse effect on solubility in organic solvents.
Care should be taken to minimize opportunities for product oxidation throughout processing. It also demonstrates superior film forming properties and persistence. When using Piccolyte® AO Plus polyterpene oligomers, the film formed on the foliage is resistant to air, light, and moisture penetration, resulting in increased and controlled efficacy of the applied agricultural chemical.