Fora 105® resin is the pentaerythritol ester of highly-hydrogenated, reﬁned rosin.
Foral 105 is a pale, thermoplastic resin, it offers excellent advantages as a tackifier or modifier in various adhesives and coating compositions.
Foral 105 synthetic resin exhibits outstanding resistance to oxidation and to discoloration caused by heat and aging. It has a substantially higher softening point than glycerol rosin esters, and is therefore indicated where a harder resin may be desirable.
- Tackiﬁer resin in transparent, paper, or cloth backed pressure-sensitive tape
- Barrier coatings in solvent-based, emulsion, and hot melt adhesives
- Improves hot tack and heat sealability in hot melt adhesives and improves adhesion to substrates
- Decreases the WVTR value of EVA resin petroleum wax blends due to low-porosity substrates
- Resistant to oxidation
- Excellent color retention
- Inherent tackiness
- Adheres to various substrates
- Wide solubility and compatibility range
- Low odor
Softening point, ring and ball, °C
Color, USDA rosin scale, maximum
Acid number, mg KOH/g
Color, USDA rosin scale
Density at 25 °C, lbs (kg/l)
Viscosity at 25 °C, GardnerHoldt
60% solids in solution in mineral spirits
Bag, multiwall, kraft
50 lbs, 22.68 kg
21 CFR 175.105
21 CFR 177.1200
21 CFR 175.125(b)
21 CFR 175.300
21 CFR 175.320
21 CFR 175.380
21 CFR 175.390
21 CFR 176.180
21 CFR 176.200
21 CFR 176.210
21 CFR 177.1200
21 CFR 177.1210
21 CFR 177.1400
21 CFR 177.2600
21 CFR 178.3120
21 CFR 178.3800
21 CFR 178.3850
21 CFR 178.3870
Pastillated or flaked resins may fuse, block, or lump during hot weather months, if stored near sources of heat, if double or triple stacked, or if stored for prolonged periods of time.
These forms of resin are prone to gradual oxidation, some more so than others. This could result in darkening and/or could have an adverse effect on solubility in organic solvents. Care should be given to minimize opportunities for product oxidation throughout processing.
Accordingly, it is strongly recommended that proper storage conditions and strict control of inventory be observed at all times, taking care that the oldest material is used first.