Piccolyte A 25
Piccolyte A25 polyterpene resin is a low molecular weight, pale, inert resin derived from high-purity alpha-pinene isolated from turpentine.
It is used in the agricultural industry as a retention aid and sticker for herbicides and pesticides that are applied to crops and plants, in the adhesives industry for specialty PSAs and in the lubricants industry.
It can improve the low-temperature performance of elastomeric and block copolymer-based adhesives.
- Retention aid for agricultural chemicals
- Film-former and fixative agent
- Pressure-sensitive adhesives with styrenated block copolymers, other rubbers and thermoplastic polymers
- Lubricants based on polyisobutylene and APAOs.
- Non-phytotoxic at appropriate and specified concentrations
- Broad compatibility with a wide variety of agricultural chemicals
- Light color and low odor
- Compatible with SB, SBS, SI, SIS, polyolefins and EVAs
- Improvement in cold temperature performance
Color, Gardner, 50 % solids in toluene, max
Viscosity, cps, 50°C, #34 Spindle, 6 rpm
Softening point, ring and ball, °C
Density at 25 °C, lb/gal (kg/l)
Flash point, Seta, °F (°C)
> 250 (> 121)
Drum, steel, lined
Bulk, tank truck
400 lbs, 181.6 kg
The copolymer is classified by the EPA as an inert ingredient when it is applied to growing crops and to agricultural commodities after harvest, under 40 CFR 153.125. An exemption from the requirement for a tolerance has been established (Federal Register: May 18, 2005) (Volume 70, Number 95) (Rules and Regulations) (Page 28447-28452).
21 CFR 175.105
21 CFR 176.170
21 CFR 175.125(b)
21 CFR 175.300
21 CFR 175.380
21 CFR 175.390
21 CFR 176.180
21 CFR 177.1210
21 CFR 177.2600